Sunday, 30 April 2017
Insurance Billing Information
Due to the many (and continuing) changes in the insurance industry we have needed to adjust our insurance billing policy to the following:
- You are ultimately responsible for fees incurred for services. Co-pays and amounts to be credited toward deductibles are due at the end of the sessions they are incurred, unless other arrangements have been made previously with your therapist.
- It is your responsibility to know your coverage and requirements for accessing your benefits prior to your first visit. In order for us to bill your insurance we will need to know, your insurance company, member and group number, billing address and phone number, if you have a deductible and if any of it has been met, the number of visits covered per year, your co-pay amount or percentage, and if you need a referral from your PCP. If you come to the initial appointment and do not know your coverage information, you will have the option of using session time to obtain that information or pay by cash or check for that and subsequent sessions until your insurance information is verified by our billing service. Cash payments will be credited to your account toward deductibles and/or co-pays once your insurance begins reimbursements.
- You also have the option of paying cash for each session and obtaining reimbursement directly from your insurance company. Most companies have this as an option if you see an approved provider.
- In the event that you have an unmet deductible we would be willing to put you on our private pay-sliding fee scale ($55-$100 per 50 min. session)until your deductible is met. This is also an option you may choose if your coverage is denied for any reason. You will however, be expected to bring your account current on or before your next session unless you make prior arrangements with your therapist.
- If you have any questions regarding these policies please talk to your therapist.